Aaron's World project

Oh Aaron!  He is quite the little boy.  Very strong willed, very independent, very energetic.  It makes for a lot of fun and a lot of frustration.  He's also kind of the reason I got into photography again.  I got my DSLR a few months after he was born so I could take some "good" photos of my own kids.  What I quickly learned was that taking good photos of your own kids is extremely difficult.  Especially when you have a child who has no interest in cooperating.  Up until recently it was nearly impossible to get Aaron to cooperate the way I thought he should for my pictures.  Rather than living in frustration (on both our parts), I quickly learned to just go ahead and let him do his thing.  The result....  tons and tons and tons of photos of the back of his head.  Because he has always been more interested in going off and exploring and doing his own thing rather than hanging out with me and my camera.  But I've embraced the "back of the head" shots and even learned to love them over the past few years.  He now seems to be entering a new phase (he actually asks me to take his picture some times) so I'm officially closing my unofficial photo project of Aaron.  Here are some of my favorite shots (the last one is my all time favorite)... along with a link for a little book I've put together.  Aaron's World photo book




















Comments

lottie said…
ha! go sox!! <3 love the lighting in the bowling ally!!