A few of my favorite things

Fall Edition:

I love fall.  Mostly because it means the heat and bugs of summer are behind us.  I'm not sad to see that go at all.  Other things I enjoy about the fall:

1- It means winter is coming.  I love winter.  LOVE it.  Especially when we get a lot of snow.  The more the better.

2- Cooler weather means I enjoy being outside.  A lot less sweating and misery on my part.  It's fun to be outside, running around with the kids.  This year has been especially fun so far with Dylan playing t-ball and Aaron able to run around and play outside.  Definitely keeps me moving.

3- Leaf piles.  As much fun now as they were when I was a kid.  I don't even mind raking because jumping in a big pile is so much fun.  And we have a massive amount of trees in the backyard so we get some pretty big piles.

4- Cinnamon.  The smell of fall to me.  Cinnamon with apples, cinnamon with pumpkin, getting the house to smell like cinnamon.

5- The return of comfort food.  I love all the fresh, light, bright tastes of summer, but by the end of the season I'm ready for the warmth and satisfying comfort of fall/winter food.  On the menu for lunch today... baked acorn squash with cinnamon and brown sugar.  Chili for dinner.  mmmmmm

6- The good holidays.  I mean, I know there are good holidays during the rest of the year, but the really good ones start in fall...  Halloween (not my favorite, but a favorite for a certain 5 year old boy in this house), Thanksgiving... all leading up to Christmas.  Plus, there's my birthday right at the beginning of fall.

7- Beautifully colored trees.  One last bright burst of color before everything turns drab for the winter.

8- Return of TV shows.  Even though I no longer watch much TV I'm excited to see new episodes of the ones I do watch.  Currently:  New Girl, The Mindy Project, Modern Family, HIMYM.  Sadly though, no more Happy Endings  :(

9- Dylan's back in school, which forces some routine back into our lives.  The break from school and chores during the summer is nice (I kind of force myself to enjoy it), but I really thrive on routine, so I am happy to have things fall into rhythm again.  Plus, this year Aaron naps while Dylan is at school so I usually get enough of a break in the middle of the day to eat lunch and get a few things done in peace and quiet.  It helps that Dylan loves school :)

10- Warm cozy clothes.  Bring on the sweaters, the darker colors, layers, curling up with blankets.  I'm looking forward to all of those.  And trying hard not to stress out too much about the fact that I need to replenish about half of my fall/winter wardrobe this year due to things no longer fitting.  Not the worst problem to have (especially since it's because I lost weight), but I just hate shopping, and now I never have time for it, so it's even harder.

Comments

Jenn said…
I love fall too! So many good things!
Jess said…
Thanks for being my sole commenter ;) At least I know I'm not writing to no one... ha