32

In honor of turning a whopping 32 years old, here is a list 32 random things:

Ten Things I Did on My Birthday:
1- Slept in.  Matt got up with the kids while I slept, finished a book I was reading, and got ready for the day.
2- Watched Dylan play t-ball.  Well, actually I chased Aaron around the sports complex while occasionally checking in on how Dylan was doing.
3- Attempted to take the kids to the Leesburg Air Show.  The line for the shuttle was TOO long.  So we found a place nearby to watch and were planning on just hanging out there until a cop chased us off (he was really nice about it).  Then we tried to go to a different spot, but Aaron fell asleep, so we just came home.  Maybe next year we'll make it.
4- Aaron took a nearly 4 hour nap.  So we all had a nice relaxing early afternoon.
5- Made Halloween decorations with Dylan.
6- Started a new book and realized about one paragraph in that I had already read it.  oops.
7- Got into a car small accident.  Not even enough to qualify as a fender bender.  But it still sucked.
8- Went out to a seafood restaurant for dinner with Matt.  We've been wanting to try it for a long time.  Finally made it, and the food was great!
9- Attempted to go clothes shopping.  I need all new pants and I keep putting off buying them.  But since we were out without the kids I tried to find some.  I was unsuccessful.  Not sure what to do about that now, maybe I'll just invest in some belts instead.
10- Had a custom hat made for Dylan.  Using his "Weird Dylan" logo that he came up with (based on a Weird Al logo).  It turned out great and Dylan loves it.

Five Random Things about Turning 32:
11- I still feel like I'm 18 in my mind most of the time.  When I stop to think about it, the fact that I'm married with two kids seems surreal... like I'm just playing a game.
12- I have some gray hairs... I think.  They might be really blond, which is possible, because I do have some really blond hair mixed in with my nearly brown hair.  But I have some that seem really really really blond, like white.  But the woman who cuts my hair insists that there's no gray.  I'm not sure if she's just trying to be nice or not.  Honestly, it doesn't really bother me if there is gray because at this point I can pass it as blond.  So while I may not always feel my age, I definitely notice I'm aging.
13- I definitely have wrinkles.  Nothing to do about that, so moving on...
14- I feel more confident in who I am now than I did when I was in my early 20s.
15- I'm starting to notice how out of the loop I am... with music, TV shows, pop culture, trends.  Mostly because I just don't have the time and can't be bothered to go through all of that.  And why not?  Because I'm old and I have other more important things to do.  Which is fine.  Except the music part, I'm still interested in finding good new music (the good part being important there).s

Five Things I Wish I Did Everyday, and Should Be Able to, but for Some Lame Reason, I Don't :
16- Wake up early in the morning, before the kids, and spend some quiet time enjoying my coffee and catching up on TV that I like to watch
17- Go for a run or workout in some way
18- Write a daily blog post
19- Shower
20- Go to bed by 9:00 so I get enough sleep

Five of My Current Favorites:
21- Food Indulgence: whip cream on my coffee
22- Room in my house:  Dylan's, because it is so like him
23- Kids TV show I don't mind watching:  Phineas and Ferb
24- Saying: "The days are long, but the years are short"
25- Ways to spend my free time:  reading

Five Things I'm Extremely Grateful for even though I Take Them for Granted:
26- My family, my family, my family
27- Being healthy enough to run around with my kids
28- My children's health and happiness
29- Getting to eat delicious food, all day everyday
30- The complex systems that are in place to make things like running water and electricity possible

Two Things I'd Like to Accomplish While I'm 32:
31- Run 5k in less than 30 minutes
32- Go on a kid free vacation

Comments