May Running


Wow, I passed the 50 mile mark this May (quick perspective before my head gets too big... Dad runs that amount in a single race every year)...  51.1 miles run this month.  Not too shabby.  It would have been a little bit more, but I've had to take this week off due to crappy mastitis.  Blah.  Hoping to start back up with a gentle run tomorrow, but that won't count because it will be JUNE.

So interesting running info for May:

-Ran a total of 51.1 miles (which I know because I finally started a real running log)
-Increased my comfortable but challenging running pace on the treadmill from 4.7-5.0 mph to 5.5-6.0 mph (sometimes even with a .5% incline)
-Longest distance:  7.2 miles with a 12:30 pace (that's the pace I'm shooting for when I do the 20k)
-Two races this month, a 5k and a 4 miler.
-BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT:  Ran a mile in 9:55 on the treadmill.  First time I've ever broken the 10 minute mark!

Wow, those every-other-day runs don't really seem like much at the time, but they are definitely starting to add up to real progress!  Looking forward to what I can accomplish in June!

Comments