Cranky Baby = Cranky Mommy

Today was a rough day. I think I may need to give my Mommy Group a break. The timing just kills Dylan. He pretty much missed all of his naps, skipped a feeding, and was plain MISERABLE by about 3:00. I kept trying to get him to take a nap when we got home, but he just would not have it. Then I started to get cranky myself, so we had to put in a call to Daddy and have him come home early. There's no way I would have made it through my piano lesson with Dylan in the mood he was in. This makes the 3rd week in a row that we've had a really rough Thursday. I keep trying to tell myself that one day of a miserable baby is worth the opportunity for adult interaction for myself, but it's starting to make me miserable as well, so I think we may skip for a while and see if he does better. After I called matt though I took him on a 45 min walk to cool down (and luckily got back in time to prep for my lesson before my student got here), and then Dylan was a lot happier. Matt took him for a walk as well, and apparently Dylan slept the whole time they were on a walk. I swear that kid just likes to give me a tough time somedays. But at least he was in a better mood once I finished teaching. And !!!!! (I'm excited) tonight is the 4th night in a row that Dylan has gone to sleep on his own. No rocking, no nursing. Just read a book, lay down, and he falls asleep... without crying! I never thought the day would come. Now if only I could get him to do the same thing for his naps.

In other Jessica news...
Wait, who am I kidding, all of my news revolves around the baby at this point. I have to admit though, I like being a stay at home mom more than I thought I would. I definitely have my rough days, but I just can't imagine putting Dylan in day care. I guess it's partly because my mom stayed home with me and so that's my "normal." But then there's the other half of me that is like "uh hello, you just got an advanced degree... don't you think you should put that to use?" It kinda sucks because I think no matter what decision I make at this point or in the future I'm going to have to deal with a large amount of guilt for failing in some area (stay at home mom vs career mom). But for now I think being home is the right choice. Plus, Dylan doesn't take a bottle, so I kinda have to be the one that feeds him during the day.

I really need to write in here more often. I just feel like I dont really have much to write about lately. I feel like my brain is slowly turning to mush. Though I am happy to say that I did use my awesome grad school skills to show my sister how good I am at research the other day. In about 4 minutes I found lots of good resources for this paper she was writing. She was impressed, but I told her that I basically went to grad school to learn how to do other people's research for them. Which is pretty much true. So if you ever need to find some obscure info, just let me know, I should be able to help.

Oh AND on the note of my brain turning to mush... here's my proof... I have yet to win a game of Scrabble on Facebook since Dylan was born. It's really pathetic.

Okay, time for the VP debate. goodnight

Comments