mmmm...

Current favorite thing to eat-- a Reuben from Arby's. Nice soft rye bread, good sauerkraut (yes, I like sauerkraut, I was born in Germany after all), and just enough meat. yum. Eve is also a fan, she appreciates the leftovers... what a spoiled dog.

Speaking of being born in germany... a few weeks ago I went to the Birthing Inn to fill out paperwork ahead of time (so I dont have to fill it out while I'm in labor). And they had me fill out some information for the birth certificate while I was there. I purposely left the baby's name blank because I felt like if I filled out that part of it, I'd be counting my chickens before they hatched. But I also had to fill out where matt and I were born. Me- Germany, Matt- North Dakota. Just seems weird to me for some reason. Maybe because I dont think I'll ever really believe that Matt was born in ND (since he spent the rest of his life on the east coast).

On St Patrick's Day my uncle asked what percentage of me is Irish. I'm not totally sure how accurate this is, but we (my family and I) figured out that it's probably close to 50%. The other 50% is made up of German, French, English, and apparently French Canadian (though I'm not sure how that's really any different from French.) Matt is mostly Portuguese, Italian, and a little bit Canadian Indian I believe. I actually dont think we have any overlapping backgrounds between the two of us, so our kid is going to be like 1/32nd of everything.

Comments