Dylan at 6 and three quarters: Sledding

"Sledding is sooo fun, and just a little bit terrifying."

He's almost seven.  I can't believe it.  Matt and I jokingly told him that since his birthday falls on Easter this year, he doesn't get a birthday and that means he has to stay 6.  I love the idea, he wasn't so crazy about it.  Since he won't stop growing up, I guess I'll just have to keep capturing moments like these.

This is the first winter he's really into to sledding (Aaron on the other hand, still finds sledding completely terrifying).  There's a bigger hill about a quarter of a mile from the house, but since it was only like 9 degrees out and we don't have proper snow gear I told him he could sled in the backyard instead.  He still had a blast.









He got bonus points for learning to roll out of the sled before crashing into the trees.


It was so ridiculously cold.

Comments

What Marty Sees said…
He's having so much fun it seems! It just makes me cold and happy I love in FL :-)
Really love that picture of the foot prints in the snow (third one down). It's beautiful!
Jess said…
Thanks! Fortunately, we are big snow lovers, so we don't mind the cold too much. Although I do miss being able to play outside for hours at a time. It gives us something to look forward to in the Spring.