Project 52: Week 1-6

The beginning of a new photography project.  I know I never finished my 365 last year, but I still learned a lot from it, and I think I came out of it with some images I love, that would have never happened if I hadn't been forced to take those pictures.  So I want to try again.  However, I realize that I just dont have the time it takes to do a 365, so instead I'm going to attempt a 52 project... one photo a week for a year.  I'm hoping to come up with one really great photo a week, though I'm sure some of them will be less that wonderful.  But I think having something to force me to take pictures on a regular basis is good for me in many ways.  Plus I will start using my blog again!  yay!

And the truth is that I started my Project 52 several weeks ago.  I wanted to get a little ways in before I really made any kind of official declaration, and now that I'm ready, here we go.




66mm, ISO 800, f/2.8, 1/80.
Week 1: Playing in the Autumn

He is so independent.  I could fill a book with all the pictures I have of the back of his head.  He's much more interested in exploring the world than he is in staying close to mom.



28mm, f/2.8, 1/125ss, ISO 160.
 Week 2: Orlando Vacation
with on-camera flash for the foreground and some multiplied layers to bring in the colorful sky background



50mm f/2.5, 1/200, ISO 160
Week 3:  Christmas Card 
Sunset on a freezing cold day.  Not the picture I envisioned for our christmas card this year, but it was tough and unrealistic to "pose" the kids.  Honestly, I like this better than what I planned anyway.




100mm, f/5.0, 1/125, ISO 640
 Week 4: First snow of the season
We are a family of snow lovers!  I found that if I had to manually focus to get the focal plane on the right part, the camera had a hard time seeing through the falling snow.  Luckily Aaron was sitting at the time, so I was able to get this in focus.


300mm, ISO 200, f/29, 1/2ss
Week 5: Just Past the Full Moon
 I was curious to see what kind of moon shot I could get.  I'm really happy with how this turned out.


28mm, ISO 640, f/2.2, 1/60ss
Week 6: Christmas time is here.
A small tree this year, full of unbreakable ornaments.  Still magical.

Comments