February Running update

This has been a pretty good month for running, despite the fact that it's the middle of winter which means it's been cold and snowy.  If I knew that every Virginia winter was going to be like this, I'd happily switch over to cross country skiing during these months.  But sadly, these kinds of winters are rare.  Anyway, here are my monthly stats.

Total Miles for the month: 50.5 

Total Miles for 2014: 100.6
Longest run: 9 miles, which is my longest run ever!  My overall pace was 11:07, which puts me 30 seconds ahead of my super-wishful goal when I do the 10 miler (I'm hoping to do that with an 11:30-12:00 min pace).  I could hardly believe it.
Fastest mile time:  I probably won't check again until it's warmer out
Indoors, on the treadmill:  getting my comfortable/maintainable pace close to 6.0 (still working on this, getting better).  Recovery pace is solid at 5.0 and I've declared Wednesdays my "Run 3 miles in under 30mins" day.  The Friday run varies depending on how the week is going and how I'm feeling, but I'm working up to 4 miles at a solid and consistent 6.0 pace.  I honestly think the hardest part of that is the boredom factor.
Pain:  the pain in my hip is only really there on the slow parts of my long run...  I think that means I'm running too slow.  ???

Other:  I have finally realized that I set too many running goals that I never even come close to reaching.  Which totally doesn't bother me, I think I mostly use them to help push me to try harder and do better.  But for now I'm giving myself permission to plateau for a while.  I am pretty happy with my current running state, and want to just kind of hang out here until the effort for the runs I've been doing gets easier.  Which may take a while, but that's okay.  Sometimes it's good to just let yourself be.



Push ups:  In just the past week I've started adding full push-ups to my daily routine.  My goal right now is to do 10 full push ups a day, and the rest on my knees.  And I am DEFINITELY feeling the tiredness of doing them every day (I'm up to 60 a day at this point).  I'm thinking that soon I'll need to take at least one day a week off for recovery.  I'll probably choose my long run day since that is exhausting enough on it's own.  


But I am also noticing results.  I think for the first time in my life I can actually feel my triceps.  


Push up this month:  1,229

Push up total:  1,729

Comments