Running Update

One month into the new year!  Here are my stats:

Total Miles for the month: 50.1 (wahoo!!)
Longest run: 7.1 miles
Fastest mile time:  still haven't checked in a while, though sometimes I do a 9:45 on my longer runs
Indoors, on the treadmill:  getting my comfortable/maintainable pace close to 6.0
Pain:  a little bit is coming back to my hip, but I'm trying to keep it in check

Other:  This year I started a push-up challenge (I got the idea from a friend who did this last year).  Basically I started with one push-up on the first of January, and every day I add a push up.  Which means today I did 31.  I definitely needed to do something about my crazy weak arms because 1- I strained a forearm muscle while hanging laundry, it took nearly a week to stop hurting (pathetic I know), and 2- sometimes when I'm running my arms get tired before my legs (super pathetic, I know).  So far the push-ups are going well.  I even throw in lunges/squats/planks/whatever else I can think of, on the days I don't run, so it's forcing me to do more cross training, which is good, and definitely noticeable.  I'm still doing 98% of my push-ups on my knees, which is kind of wimpy, but I had to start somewhere.  Also, I did 4 extra push-ups today so I could end the month on a nice round number.

Push up this month:  500
Push up total:  500

Need to constantly remind myself:  "For a mortal runner, running is something we weave into our busy lives. It's not our career, it's our passion. And to that extent, we all need to train with the flow of our life schedule, our experience level, and our body's ability to recover."  --Runner's World magazine

Comments