Running Update Jan 2014

I'm a little over due for an update on my running progress...

Here are my stats for the beginning of 2014:

On the treadmill:
Average comfortable pace:  5.5 mph
Fastest pace I can hold for 2 minutes without needing to stop:  8.0 mph
Recovery pace:  5.0 mph (I'm working on getting this faster, it's up from 4.5)
Typical run length: between 30-45 minutes
Haven't checked my mile lately.

Outside:
Longest run:  6.2 miles with an 10:30 minute mile average, which has held true for all of my longer weekend runs lately.  A big improvement over 6 months ago when my long distance runs were at a 12:30 pace.
Running outside this time of year is COLD!

Aches and Pains:
Not too bad lately.  I feel a little bit in my left hip on the longer runs, but I'm mostly pain free.

Other interesting news:
I ran a 10k on New Year's Eve with a time of 1:05:13 which put me at a 10:30 pace.  Which is awesome especially since the last time I ran a 10k was in 2009 and it took me 1:21:??.

Comments