What just happened?

So I just tried to upload my daily photo and something WEIRD happened.  Here's what I got:

what is going on with the color, especially that turquoise blue in the background, and the weird edges?????


And here's the photo I actually uploaded.  

This is the actual picture I took... I couldn't get the exposure right... too much one way and the sky blew out, too much the other and the detail in the shadows was lost... so I opted for the silhouette look.
I guess blogger enhances photos and there's no way to turn it off in blogger.  Crap.  So in order to get the correct version I found a work around.  I uploaded this photo to my G+ account, which also auto enhanced it to get that same weird coloration.  Then I turned off the auto enhance, added it to my blogger photo album (which was automatically created when I opened my G+ account), and then came back here and got the photo through G+ instead of going to my computer's file.  I haven't really noticed the enhancements thus far, but I guess Blogger really wanted to reject this exposure so the changes were pretty drastic... it almost looks like a failed attempt at HDR.  I wonder if there's an easier way to go about this process?  Anyway, good to know for the future.  And now that this picture has bad vibes for me I'm going to go pick another one for today's entry.





Comments