November Running Update

So I'm obviously back into running.  I had to take a little break at that end of the summer because my left leg had pain pretty much everywhere.  I used the month of October to try and get close to back where I left off.  Except I haven't been running long distances.  Three miles at most.  Which at this point is all I can really handle anyway.  I still have a little lingering hip pain but overall I've been feeling much better, so I feel like I can really get back into it now.

So here are some of my end of October stats.

Longest distance:  3 miles, in about 35 minutes

Mile time:  9:06, which is my new PR.  I can hardly believe it!

Slow pace on treadmill:  4.5 mph
Comfortable to maintain for a while pace:  5.2 mph (not quite back to the 5.5-5.7 pace, but I'll get there)
Fast pace 7.5 for 2 minute "sprints" or 8 mph for 1.5 minute "sprints"

Goals going forward:
-Run a 5k in under 30 minutes
-Run a race every month between now and next summer (I'm hoping for a 5k this month, a 5k next month, and maybe a 10k on New Years Eve)
-Set a new mile PR of around 8:00.  Give myself a few months to get there :)


Also, somehow I have managed to get down to my lowest weight since I started grad school (which caused me to put on an unexplained 10 pounds before I even got pregnant).  I'm really hoping to maintain this weight through the holiday season.  But I know that will be tough since I love love love all the holiday food.  And i have no self control.  That's part of why I'd like to train for the 10k on New Years Eve, maybe that will help me burn off all the extra pie, and cookies, and goodies.

Comments