Absolutely Shameless Parental Bragging… you were warned

So yesterday I had my first real Parent-Teacher conference.  Even though I suspected it would go well (based on the way Dylan talks about school and more importantly the fact that I haven't heard any thing from the teacher or school that would lead me to believe otherwise), I was really really really nervous.  I'm not really sure why, but I suspect it had more to do with the fact that I felt like I was going through one of those Parental Milestones that mark the passage of how much your child has grown.  With this conference I now enter the world grades, and expectations, and "real" school.  Except that it's still just kindergarten, so things can still be light for a little while longer… I'm clinging to that as much as I can this year.  :)

Anyway, here comes the bragging.  I was happy to meet with the teacher and get her take on how Dylan has been doing in school so far (according to Dylan he is the best kid in his class).  And I think he may actually be close to telling the truth based on the fact that she started the conference off by recommending that Matt and I break out a bottle of champagne that night and celebrate the fact that we've raised a great kid.  Dylan is eager to learn, beginning reader, rule follower, kind friend, and an overall happy and outgoing little boy.  Which I know (of course, wink), but it's nice when someone else recognizes those traits in him.

End of bragging… for now anyway.

Comments

Jenn said…
Woohoo! Dylan is an awesome kid!