Musings

A couple random things going through my head:

First- The house is currently getting repainted.  No more dark pink and dark yellow walls for us!  I'm so excited to see how much bigger and brighter the house will look once it's done.  We're also having our bedroom painted since it was still the builder's white (despite the house being 15+ years old).  We got a great deal from a company and even though Matt is fully capable of painting the house, I decided to hire them.  He just doesn't need to take time off work to do this, and this way it will be done in 2 days.  Although that means I'm stuck in the basement with the kids for 2 days.  But this is probably far less painful that a slow ongoing process of trying to do the work ourselves.

Second- While we were waiting for the painters today Matt and I were talking about random vacation-y things.  Two ideas came up kind of in passing....  and I'm holding Matt to them.  We both said that it would be fun to take a big vacation without the kids (once they are a little older)... to Europe (my pick) and Japan (Matt's pick).  Both sound wonderful to me...  Though I'm a little nervous about the Japan one because it's SOOO foreign (unlike Europe since I've lived and travelled there a lot, but I'd like to go back and experience it as an adult)

Next- Aaron is such a typical second child.  He climbs EVERYTHING.  And rather than freak out too much about that, I've been trying to teach him how to climb down off of things (feet first, not head first), which he is getting much much better at (case in point- I'm currently watching him climb on and off the treadmill, no falls so far).  He also doesn't really freak out over minor bumps and falls, which is very opposite of Dylan.

Last- A quick update for anyone who read my post several weeks ago...  Aaron and Dylan had their weight check this week and they both gained a good amount of weight.  Dylan gained as much in the last 2 months as he did all of last year, and Aaron is nearly back on his previous curve.  I think the most effective habit we changed was switching to smaller more frequent meals.  Oh, and Dylan learned that he really likes butter on things like toast and veggies.  While we were there the nurse also checked  Aaron's iron levels and those are in a good range finally (thank you iron supplements).  Yay!

Comments