Life with the World's Best 5 Year Old

Two conversations with Dylan today.

This morning, the boys are playing in the living room while I make breakfast~
Aaron: Wah, wah, wah, wah, wah
Matt:  What, Aaron?
Aaron:  Wah, wah, wah, wah, wah
Matt:  What's up, Aaron?  What do you want?
Dylan: Yeah, So what-cha, what-cha, what-cha want? (Beastie Boys lyric, used appropriately)

After school later the same day, while walking to the library to return a huge bag of books~
Me:  How was school today?  What did you guys do?
Dylan:  We had science time.
Me:  Oh, fun!   What did you do during science time?
Dylan:  We worked with science tools.  But I'm already a scientist (he says this a lot), so I know how to do things already?
Me:  Cool.
Dylan:  What kind of scientists are there?
Me:  There are lots (begins to list some of them)
Dylan:  Dad's a scientist because he's an engineer.
Me:  Yup, he is.
******Return library books, begin to walk back to the car******
Dylan:  I think I'm going to be a book scientist.
Me:  Oh... umm..... okay, that sounds good....
Me, a minute later:  Oh you know what Dylan, I actually have my graduate degree in that... I have my degree in LIBRARY science.
Dylan:  Mom, that is SO cool.
Me (in my own thoughts... I had 2 simultaneously):  1- I'm sure that's the first time anyone has ever thought library science was cool, and 2- Yay, finally Dylan thinks I'm cool :)

Comments