5k Race recap

Earlier today I ran a 5k.  This was the race I signed up for to ensure that I got back in to running.  And it worked.  It was a great race overall.  I finished in a great time, my fastest yet... 34:56 (and 11:16 pace), which is awesome for me!  Especially since last week at the 4 miler I did an 11:58 pace.  My only negative has nothing to do with the event itself, but with the fact that I decided to run the day before... 5.5 miles.... in the rain.  And while that run was great (minus my socks getting wet and giving me blisters), and even though I felt fine for the whole day, as soon as I started running this morning, my legs felt tired, really really really tired.  But I pushed through and was able to find my rhythm.  I still think I maybe over did it (not just this weekend, but in pushing myself a little too much all week) because the outside of my right ankle is SORE, it started really bothering me about 20 minutes after I stopped running.  I think it's a tendon.  So I've been hobbling a little bit today.  Fortunately it's been getting better as the day goes on, but I'm hoping to take this as just a warning that I need to ease up just a bit because I may have been pushing myself a little too hard these last 2 weeks.  But I can't totally stop because...

Tomorrow I officially start my training for the Leesburg 20k.  I'm really looking forward to that... I fully intend to enjoy my Rest day :)

Comments