Day 3

A song from your favorite movie.

So my favorite movie is A Life Less Ordinary.  Not many people have seen it, or even heard of it, despite the fact that it stars Cameron Diaz and Ewan McGregor.  Actually this movie was one of those "things" that Matt and I connected over before we started dating nearly 11 years ago.  We found out that we both really liked the movie and since Matt had it on DVD (whereas I just watched it whenever I managed to catch it on HBO) I went over and watched it with him... just as friends of course ;) 

There is actually a decent amount of music in the movie, and we do own the soundtrack.  But picking a song from this movie is so easy, it's got to be Beyond the Sea by Bobby Darin.  In one scene in the movie Cameron Diaz and Ewan McGregor sing this karaoke style and her singing is so awful that it reminds me of what I used to sound like.  Hopefully I've gotten a little better.


Oh good, I found the actual movie clip to go along with this.  Yes, it gets a little weird towards the end, but that's all part of the greatness of the movie!  So watch this clip and then go watch the rest of the movie.

Matt:  Matt's favorite movie is Good Will Hunting.  So the song he picked is Miss Misery by Eliot Smith.  He totally lucked out, that movie has an awesome song.

Comments