Thanksgiving menu

Thanksgiving Dinner

I'm documenting our Thanksgiving dinner that we had at the Restaurant at Patowmack Farm.  They actually sent us home with personalized menus, rolled up and tied with a bow, and a small part of me was super excited to add that to my paper mementos collection...  But then i remembered that I'm no longer keeping a paper mementos collection, so instead I'm going to copy the menu onto my blog, and recycle the paper.  This is more for my sake than anything else, but i have had some people ask about the menu, so here it is.

Amuse Bouche:  consisted of a trio of pickled vegetables...  Dill green beans, beets, and turnips with tomatoes and olives.  Dylan ate Matt's olives.

Peppercorn pear soup with celery cream, button mushrooms and frisee

Acquerello organic rice with turkey gumbo, kusshi oysters, and leek fries.  This turkey in this was super delicious, the oysters were weird.  Good on their own, but they definitely stood out as a random ocean taste in this part of the meal.

Intermezzo:  pear sorbet

Briars Farmstead turkey breast: a traditional stuffing with garden herbs and celery, turkey sausage gravy, baked potato purée

Pumpkin beignet, cranberry jelly, champagne glaze, and the best mascarpone cheese I've ever tasted.

Friandise:  a teeny tiny honey meringue after we paid the bill. 

It was a great dinner.  Very peaceful and enjoyable for the three of us (Dylan didn't eat much aside from the pumpkin bread they served us though, but he behaved himself while we were there).  A unique thanksgiving experience for sure :)  

Comments