Thanksgiving 2010

This year we are breaking from tradition.  Instead of spending the holiday with our extended family, we decided to do something, just the three of us.  Don't get me wrong, i love our big family thanksgivings.  I love cooking with my mom and sisters and chatting at the table with everyone.  But Matt, Dylan, and I haven't had a holiday dedicated to just the three of us yet, so we are carving out a little time to do just that this year.  I think it's going to be a great day.  Dylan and i just made chocolate chip pancakes with cranberry syrup for breakfast, which is as much cooking as i plan on doing today.  We're now just chilling out waiting for the parade to start.  In a little while we're all going to decorate some ceramic ornaments i picked up at Michaels for gifts this year.  Then Dylan will go down for a nap while Matt watches the football game and i do some reading.  And when Dylan wakes up we're heading to the Restaurant at Patowmack Farm in Lovettseville for an indulgent  Thanksgiving Day dinner.  I'm really looking forward to dinner, I've wanted to try out this restaurant for at least a year now, but I was waiting for a special reason since it's pretty pricey...  I figured Thanksgiving was an appropriate occasion.  And fortunately, they have a children's menu, so Dylan is covered.  

This year i am thankful for my perfect little family, and the perfect little day we'll be spending together.

Comments