Rice Leftovers

Ingredients:

Leftover white rice
A small pat of butter
a teaspoon or two of curry powder
half a teaspoon (or so) of low sodium soy sauce

Directions:

Add the pat of butter to a saute pan. Turn on to medium heat. As butter melts, add leftover rice. Break up rice with a wooden spoon. As rice warms sprinkle on curry powder. Cook for a few minutes, stirring rice occasionally, but not too often so you get some crispy rice spots. Just before turning off the heat, add a bit of soy sauce and stir. Pour into bowl, eat as lunch.


This is my favorite leftovers recipe. I eat it all the time. I came up with the concoction while in high school. We grew up sprinkling curry powder or soy sauce on our white rice at dinner, so it seemed a natural combination to me, even though it probably isn't. I made it for Matt for the first time the other night and he said it was good, so I feel brave enough to share it with the rest of the world (or at least the 3 people who read my blog). I'm not going to make any grand claims like "you will love this recipe and have to try it right away" but I will say that I LOVE this recipe and eat it for lunch as often as we have leftover rice... which is quite often since I like to make sure we have leftover rice just for this reason. yum :)

Comments

Julia Bergeman said…
I'll give it a try the next time I have leftovers! Thanks for sharing. :)