Great Food

So in honor of our Thanksgiving Day dinner at Pawtomack Farm this year, i was intending to write a blog post about some of the best meals Matt and I have had at various restaurants over the years.  While we were at dinner I asked Matt for his input on the list and it didn't take very long to realize that this post wasn't going to go the way I wanted it to.. Why not?  Well, i think the first 5 or 6 things we mentioned were all dishes we got from the same restaurant.  The restaurant--  Morimoto in Philadelphia.  For Food Network junkies, yes, that is Morimoto of Iron Chef fame.  I don't know what they do to their food, but it is exceptional.  Matt and i have been 3 times, and each time we've made the trip up to Phillie specifically for this restaurant.  That's how good it is.  I know I've blogged about some of the food before (here), so I won't rehash it again, but I will list our favorites real quick:  definitely the best thing I've ever eaten in my life, the steamed scallops with Ginger. I compare all scallops to these, and nothing comes close, then there was the cold chicken with sesame appetizer, the whitetail tartar, poached pear dessert, and the wasabi tiramisu all stand out.  When we went for our honeymoon they even gave us a complimentary glass of champagne that had some blood orange in it as well as a scoop of citrus sorbet, it was wonderful, and the champagne they used is still my champagne of choice these days (Veuve Cliquot).

Morimoto's. mmmmm....

Some other stand out meals:
-Tagliatelle alla Bolognese at Palio in Leesburg. I can't resist homemade pasta and this was exceptional, but the bolognese is what really got to me, i now aspire to make my sauce taste like this, but i have no idea how to begin doing that. The only thing I've figured out so far is that i can't do it with store bought canned tomatoes.
- Ahi tuna steak, pretty much anywhere, best places I've had it though are Evo in Atlantic City and Black Salt in Georgetown. If this is an option on the menu, i will be ordering it. I also love it sliced in salads.
Hmmm... I think that covers it for now. Not that I haven't harlots of good food in other places, but these are just a few that really stand out in my mind.

Comments

Matt said…
Scallops at Morimoto, chicken wings (nearly anywhere), Sesame Chicken/Pork fried Rice at Saigon Cafe, and Jess's steak tacos are a few of my favorite things