Why I feel old

My 10 year high school reunion was this past weekend. I didn't go, but just knowing it happened makes me realize how long age high school was.

I wont have any more birthdays in my 20s

I remember my parents when they were this age, which makes me realize that i am as old as they were, and everyone thinks their parents are old (even though mine are quite young). It's a perception thing.

I don't listen to the radio anymore for several reasons: i can't keep up with all the new music, i think all the bands sounds alike, and i think they're all crap nowadays. What happened to good music?

One of my aunts told me (when i was in high school) that when you get older you start listing to country music or more mellow music. And while i definitely have started listening to music with some "alt country" influences (Wilco, Avett Brothers, Monsters of Folk) i still dislike country music... And i still listen to some of my old punk rock music. Am I trying to resist getting older? No, i don't think so. But it does make me happy to know that the country music thing probably wont come true for me... Because i really don't like it at all.

I can't keep up with the new technology crazes... I think I've sent a grand total of 10 texts in my life, and I hated every single one.

On the plus side i had someone tell me the other day that i look about 23, so that made me happy.

Comments