Restropective Reflection

I was reading through some of my first blog entries last night when I came across this excerpt that made me chuckle (July 2005 I believe):

I just got back from grocery shopping. Which is one of my least favorite things to do. But I'm convinced, especially now that it's summer break and there are more kids being dragged to the store with their mother, that grocery stores must produce some kind of painful ultra-high frequency that only kids can hear. And it must be so painful to have to listen to it that all a kid can do is scream. Not just cry... scream... at the top of their lungs... the entire time they are in the store. Those poor kids, why do parents force them to go through such torture.

I read this after taking Dylan for a quick trip to Wegman's. He was so miserable I gave him a lollipop just to keep him quiet and happy for the 10 minutes we were there. If I had only remembered that the source of his discomfort was that high pitch frequency I would have given him ear plugs instead.

Comments