Things I Hate

After making a big deal of not wanting to use the word "hate" I did a search in my blog to see if I do use the word. I do. Here's how:

I got 61 results, though a lot of those were for the word whatever. So that made me feel a little better.

I took Dylan to the library, which Dylan HATES.

Dylan's only doing one nap a day now, which I though I would hate, but I actually love.

I'd just hate for them to have to walk through it. (Referring to my piano student and his father coming to the house on a day when our door was covered in beetles).

I hate it when I'm wrong.

I hate having to fight for a good spot. (at a general admission concert)

I hate needles and doctor-related things.

I used to hate gardening.

I really hate that the rest of the world doesn't structure their information so it is library ready. (I think I wrote this while working at the NGA when I came across an artist who constantly used a different version of his name, yet I needed to make an authority file for him).

I hate missing work or school.

I hate that most gyms make you commit to a year once you sign up.

I especially hated informing my piano students since I have a strong connection with several of them. (when I stopped teaching)

in all honesty I'm starting to hate computers. Well not really hate computers, I'm just tired of them.

I absolutely hate that song (Cult of Personality)

I hate harpsicords.

I hate feeling so unprepared.

When he put it in I told him that I expected to hate the movie. (The johnny knoxville special olympics movie... can't remember the title. But apparently it was not as awful as I'd expected).

I hate it when people unintentionally rhyme.

I grew to hate playing piano in college.

I hate the fact that it's only on once a week. (24)

Not that I don't enjoy teaching... but I really hate the hours.

I hate driving in snow.

I hate it when the floor just mysteriously starts floating away. (who doesn't?)

But the birds and squirrels must hate it. (Our dog sitting out on the back porch all day)

I hate footnotes.

I don't want to develop an "I hate going to the gym" mentality.

I hate doing laundry. (but not cleaning in general)

On the whole, I like spring because it's not hot enough to make me hate going outside, but I know those days are right around the corner.

But over the years I think it's turned into more of a love-hate kind of thing. (how I feel about Mondrian's work)

I've never really cared for going to the dentist, but my experiences there lately have caused me to really hate it.
Hmm... I guess I use the word more than I thought. At least I can say that I never blogged about hating a person. That's got to count for something, right?

Comments