2009 Year in Review Survey

2009 Year in Review Survey



1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Started running! I ran a 5k, a 4mile, and a 10k race. But I also ran 8.5 miles on my own at one point. I wanted to get up to 10, but didn't make it once the weather got cold. I also made my first pie, and it was completely from scratch. Apple Cranberry Crumb Pie, delicious.


2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't usually make any, but this year I think I'm going to cut back on candy.




3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, a couple of my friends from mom's group.


4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.


5. What countries did you visit?
Again, just the U.S. I haven't been out of the country in a very very long time.


6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
After making pasta for Christmas dinner with a borrowed pasta maker, perhaps a pasta maker.


7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day my sister got married, Dylan's 1st birthday


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Running a 10k!


9. What was your biggest failure?
Not running 10 miles. Just gives me something to work on next year.


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had the H1N1 flu after Halloween.


11. What was the best thing you bought?
My small Le Crueset dutch oven... best cooking pot EVER.


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mom's for sticking with Weight Watchers all year, and continuing to run even when it's below freezing.


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Jon and Kate's


14. Where did most of your money go?
house, cars, Dylan


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Elizabeth's wedding and related festivities. The release of New Moon. Dylan's 1st Birthday.


16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
"Nothing Gets Crossed Out" by Bright Eyes (off the Lifted album)


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or Sadder?: happier
ii. Thinner or Fatter than last year?: thinner
iii. Richer or Poorer?: not sure.




18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Play piano, SLEEP


19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
House work.


20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We got up early with Dylan and opened presents. Then my family came over for brunch, and my in-laws came over for dinner. Then I washed a bunch of dishes. But it was good :)


22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Stayed in love


23. How many one-night stands?
0


24. What was your favorite TV program?
Project Runway, 30 Rock, General Hospital, Flight of the Conchords, American Idol, Lost


25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
nope


26. What was the best book you read?
Dracula. But I didn't read a whole lot this year.


27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Connor Oberst and his various musical groups (Bright Eyes, Mystic Valley Band, Monsters of Folk). He is so good!


28. What did you want and get?
Fortunately, many things :) My favorite... the necklace matt got me for christmas.


29. What did you want and not get?
I can't really think of anything


30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I know this is kind of lame, but I'm going to go with New Moon. I also thought the Michael Jackson movie and Pirate Radio were good. Avatar was cool too.


31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 28. Matt and I went out to dinner at Lightfoot. And a few days later my mom had us over for dinner and cake.


32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
For something to not have happened this summer.


33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
yay! I finally lost my baby weight and can wear real clothes again!!


34. What kept you sane?
my husband, my family, and friends... also, the fact that Dylan still lets me listen to my music in the car.


35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Connor Oberst I guess... I bought basically all his albums this year. and Sam the Cooking guy.


36. What political issue stirred you the most?
none


37. Who did you miss?
Tuba Steve, who is off in Iraq until sometime next year :(


38. Who was the best new person you met?
I didnt meet many new people this year. I think I mostly worked on established relationships.


39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009?
How to deal with loss.


40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

(I realize this may come across slightly gloomy, but I dont mean it to):
If everything that happens is supposed to be
And it's all pre-determined, can't change your destiny
Guess I'll just keep moving, someday maybe
I'll get to where I'm going
"Nothing Gets Crossed Out" by Bright Eyes

Comments