Busy Bees

April and May have turned out to be pretty crazy months here. We've had lots going on lately, and things are just starting to quiet down, which means Dylan and I are relaxing more and catching up on some much needed naps.

Lately Dylan and I have done a few new things, so I thought I'd talk about some of them.

To start with, I FINALLY went to Wegman's. I know, I know, it's about time. But I think anyone who's read this blog for any amount of time is well aware of my disdain for grocery shopping, so I usually stick with what's familiar so it takes as little time as possible to get in and out. But Sarah and I cooked dinner for my mom's birthday a few weeks ago and she wanted seafood... I don't really trust seafood from Giant, but I've heard that Wegman's is pretty decent so I decided to finally go there and check it out. At first I was completely overwhelmed... lots of little sections to the store that I couldn't figure out... a map or something would have been very helpful. The grocery part of the store was very confusing because I wasn't used to the layout, but eventually I made my way to the seafood section and was SO impressed. Their seafood selections looked so fresh I could hardly believe it. They are opening a Wegmans in Leesburg soon and I think once it's here we'll be eating a lot more seafood. I'm actually looking forward to it.

I've also started running. I gave myself some serious motivation by signing up for the Susan G Komen 5k in DC on June 6th. I've only had a month to "train." Running is waaaay harder than I thought it would be. I'm actually doing better than I thought I would, but I think one of my biggest challenges is finding the time and not getting bored. Usually Matt watches Dylan every other morning which gives me time to run and shower before he goes to work, but so far I'm only doing about 1/2 the running I need to be doing, so I think I'm going to need to figure something out. At the moment I walk to the bike trail (a little less than .5 miles), then I run for 5 minutes, walk for 2, run for 5, walk for 2, and then run to the end of the trail (usually about 5 minutes again, unless I really slowed down on the return) and then walk home and stretch. I'm trying to add one set of 5 minute running every week, which seems to be working so far. I don't think I'll be able to run the 5k without stopping to walk, but I'd like to run the vast majority of it, and hopefully finish in a decent time... though I have no idea what that might be... in fact I dont really even know how far I'm running so far. One day I'm going to have to figure it out.

I missed running yesterday though, and I feel super guilty about it. I definitely won't miss it tomorrow.

Comments

Miriam said…
Jess, you can go to wegmans.com and make your grocery list. Then it will sort by aisle and print a store map if you want one. I find this super helpful! It also helps limits my impulse buying.