Top Pop Pianists

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/listoftheday/97053/25-piano-men-and-women

Interesting article, that considering my background, I feel obligated to post. I will agree with what the writer says before he starts listing people... Thelonius Monk should be at the top, but this list just doesn't include jazz pianists, or classical for that matter. Also glad that Billy Joel isn't in the top 10... because he irritates the crap out of me ever since he insulted people who study music, and then immediately stated that he couldn't play the music from his classical album because he's not classically trained (maybe if he had studied music that wouldnt' have been an issue for him.)

I admit that I'm not familiar with some of the people on the list, but I'm a Ben Folds fan, mostly because I think he's amazing on the piano. I wish I could play like that. He always sounds like he's having fun without trying. I mean, I have fun, but it definitely doesn't sound like it. Anyway, matt always gives me a hard time about liking Ben Folds because he thinks Folds is just a rip off of Joe Jackson. It's probably true, but oh well. I do like Joe Jackson's "I dont like Mondays" song. It always gets stuck in my head on Mondays. "tell me why, I don't like Mondays/ Tell me why, I don't like Mondays/ I want to shoo-oo-oo-oo-oot the whole day down."

I am kinda surprised that Harry Connick Jr isn't on there somewhere.

Comments