Religulous

Today I went to the movies with Matt and my sister, Sarah. We saw Bill Maher's new comedy/documentary Religulous. I thought it was worth seeing. Maher definitely raises some of the same issues/doubts/concerns that I have, and I never got satisfying answers for it either. At the end of the movie he says something along the lines of how certainty in religion can be dangerous, and having doubt makes you humble. I wish I had the exact quote, because I thought it was great. I'd say the movie was funny (it was, I laughed out loud frequently), but at the end the humor morphed into something more serious, and then it was a little scary.

The best part was when I bought the tickets. I got carded. I mean, it's a rated R movie, so you have to be 18, but come on, really? I don't look 18?? When the guy saw my ID he was like "oh, oops... you must get carded a lot." Which is pretty true. Except I bought a bottle of wine at Giant last week and for the first time, I didn't get carded. Maybe today's carding had something to do with my new haircut. My sister, who is 19, did not get carded (she didn't go to the same guy I did though, so that may be part of it).

Comments