Still No Baby

Yep... I'm still pregnant. Only 11 days left until my due date. Which seems like an eternity to me right now. The good news is that I just came back from a dr appt and they told me that I'm already 2 cm dialated. Not that that means I'm in labor, but at least I know my body is aware of the fact that it's close to time. According to the doctor I was also having a contraction while she was listening to the baby's heartbeat, but I didn't feel anything, so maybe I'll be one of those lucky few people whose labor isn't entirely agonizing (though either way I'm still planning on getting an epidural, so it really doesn't matter). In all honesty though the last few weeks haven't been as physically uncomfortable as I thought. Other than it being nearly impossible to bend over and not being able to stay on my feet for too long, I've been feeling fairly normal. Sometimes I even forget that my stomach sticks out further than the rest of my body and I bang things into it (don't worry, not too hard).

That's my baby update. Other updates...

I finished my job last week. I was more sad to leave than I thought I'd be. I really enjoyed working in the children's department. The patrons were super nice and so grateful for any help you could give (even if it wasn't much) and the other children's librarians all got along really well and were fun to work with. The teen center part of my job wasn't as enjoyable all the time. Working until 10:30 every Friday night wasn't ideal, but I had a good last few weeks. I do enjoy putting together special programs and the last 2 weeks I ran a program where the teens made these little mini stuffed animals (patterns from the Cute Book-- which you have to check out because they are so adorable), and it turned out to be a better success that I anticipated. It's always hard to predict whether or not teens will be interested in something we plan, but they all seemed to enjoy themselves, and we even had a bunch of guys participate. Which kinda surprised me since the project involved LOTS of sewing (and it was painfully obvious that most of them had never even seen a needle and thread before). But anyway, I was glad that the teens enjoyed themselves and even happier that no one used the needles to stab anyone else. So on my last day at work I talked with the branch manager for a while and she recommended that once I'm ready, I should add my name to the substitute list for the library and that way I can work a few hours a week from time to time. So I think I'll probably do that once I'm ready to start working a little bit again, and the I plan on keeping my eyes open for Children's Librarian positions in the county.

Comments