Icy Day Thoughts

Not too much has been going on lately. I had my baby shower a few weeks ago (click here for some pics). That was a lot of fun. Unfortunately we aren't quite ready for all the baby stuff to be in our house, so it's still all sitting in my mother-in-laws dining room. Matt plans on painting the baby's room this weekend, so I'm hoping that once that is done we'll be able to start moving baby stuff in.

As far as the pregnancy goes, everything is a-ok. I'm starting to have trouble sleeping though. It seems like I'm destined to wake up in the middle of the night for about 2 hours. And it's really hard to move around. Yesterday I spent about an hour and a half screwing a new shoe rack together. It probably wouldn't have taken that long if I were able to bend over and move around easier, but instead I had to sit on the floor and move the rack around me. My back was in agony by the time I was done, but I was determined to put it together myself.

Other thoughts... only a week and a half until we go up to Phillie to see Wilco. I'm really excited, and as far as I'm concerned, the baby is free to come any time AFTER we get back from that. I was so bummed that they didnt win the grammy for best rock album. I mean, the Foo Fighters album is ok (it won), but I think they've way overplayed it on the radio and I'm just sick of it. Speaking of the grammys, Matt and I watched most of it. Here are my thoughts:
  1. Someone should tell kanye west he's lost touch with reality... what was he wearing? and he acts like he owns the grammys or something... so whoever tells him he's lost touch with reality should also tell him that in about 5 years from now people will be saying "kanye who?" Maybe he'll get lucky and wont dwindle off for about 7 years, but in the grand scheme of things, I dont think his music will endure the way great music does. Also the same person should tell him that making good music should be about just that... not about winning a grammy.
  2. Personally, I enjoyed the classical performances. The Rhapsody in Blue duet really made me realize how much I miss going to concerts on a regular basis (like I was forced to when I was in school). The pianists were outstanding, and even though I'm not sure why they made it a duet (it's really just written for 1 pianist), it was fun to see the different techniques and styles the two had and I was glad that I knew enough to pick up on the subtleties (like they both had very different finger technique and attacked/release techniques). Also the duet by Josh Grobin and Andrea Bocelli was really pretty. It reminded me that I had planned to see an opera sometime before the baby is born, but unfortunately I just haven't been able to find one in the area that I'm willing to pay lots of money to see. I'm hoping next year's seasons will be better. Really I'm mostly looking for a good Puccini opera, it shouldnt be that hard to find.
  3. Amy Winehouse's reaction when she won her first Grammy was priceless. She really looked stunned. And it was great that she was surrounded by her band and family and able to celebrate it with them right away (since she was in London and being broadcast via satellite instead of in the grammy audience). It was way better than the lame acceptance speeches most people give.

Comments