Pizza Night

I went over to my parent's house for dinner tonight. My dad made home-made pizza, which he hasn't done in a really long time. When we were younger he used to make pizza every Sunday night. I think it began when he told my mom, after she had a surgery, that he would cook one dinner for every staple she got to close up the incisions... thinking there would only be a few. But then it turned out that there were tons (I dont know the exact number, but it's way more than you'd expect). So the Sunday Pizza night tradition was born.

So while we were all eating pizza we also watched Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. One of the women on Wheel of Fortune bothered me. She solved one puzzle when she only had $400 and there were plenty of letters left on the board. Then when she earned $10,000 and it was a prize puzzle (meaning they give a secret surprise to whoever wins the puzzle), she kept spinning even though she obviously knew the puzzle (since she was picking letters like "v") and there weren't very many letters left to pick anyway... and then surprise surprise... she spun one too many times and landed on Bankrupt. But I was confused as to why she solved one puzzle with only $400... and why she kept going with another puzzle when she had well over $10,000.

Jeopardy was awesome as always. My dad and I both got the final jeopardy... something along the lines of:
This land, named after an Italian, was only mentioned once by Shakespeare, in the play "Comedy of Errors." (it might actually be a different play than that)

The answer (or question really): What is America?

Only one of the contestants got it right, and she obviously guessed, since she was shaking her head before Alex said she had the right answer.

Comments