Update

I got one of the greatest gifts ever today... the gift of a clean house. My mother-in-law was kind enough to give me the gift of a monthly maid service. She knew that I've been struggling with keeping up with house chores, so today she sent over her cleaning ladies to help with the floors and the bathrooms. And I have to say, these women did such an amazing job that for a long time I couldn't stop inspecting their work. Behind the toilet- check, shower doors- check (they look brand new, they even cleaned the tracks for the shower doors), bathroom mats- check, vacuumed stairs- check, vacuumed the vertical part of the steps- check, mopped up all the eve drool marks from the wooden floor- check, cleaned the baseboards- check (yeah this doesnt seem like such a big deal, but trust me, it is). I mean, it's amazing. They took care of all the little things that drive me crazy, so I dont have to worry about them anymore. Maybe I'll finally have the time and energy to finish the laundry now. ahhh, what a thoughtful and helpful gift this was. Having a clean house really makes me feel much more relaxed. I think it's because all the little dirt clutter is gone (and clutter makes me feel cramped, which is not a relaxing feeling).

In other news, not much is new. I'm still getting sick even though I'm in my 4th month (supposedly the nausea and throwing up is supposed to be going away at this point... but considering the fact that I threw up on route 28 this week, I'm gonna say that hasn't happened yet). I had a doctor's appointment yesterday, they just listened to the heartbeat. At first the doctor didn't find the heartbeat right away, which (unknown to her) caused me to totally freak out, but eventually she put the little microphone thingie in the right place and we could hear it ticking away. Hopefully we'll find out the sex of the baby in a few weeks. I can't wait. I know some people want to be surprised the day of the big event, but I want to know as soon as possible. I still don't look pregnant yet. I do look fat though, which isn't quite as fun. I haven't bought any maternity clothes so far, other than a bathing suit for my water aerobics class (because I was afraid that by the time I needed a maternity bathing suit, they wouldn't be selling them in stores anymore). Mostly because I don't think maternity clothes would fit me yet, but also because I'm not mentally ready to be at that point. I dont know how much longer I'll be able to put that off though... my wardrobe is rapidly shrinking (well, more accurately, I'm rapidly expanding).

Let's see... other news updates:
-Matt and I are going to Vegas next week. He has a work conference and I'm tagging along for the gambling and shows. I got us tickets for David Copperfield and Penn and Teller. I'm really excited! I'm sure Vegas will be over the top in excess (yes I know that's redundant), but I think it's still worth seeing at least once. Plus, I enjoy playing blackjack at 9:00 in the morning while the minimum bets are low.
-My parents did something I never thought they'd do in a million years... they got a dog. A puppy even (well, an older puppy... 7 months). I guess since my youngest sister is basically the last of the children still living at home, they finally caved and decided to get her a companion. So a few weeks ago we went down to the Pet Smart in Falls Church to see a german shepherd mix, and she turned out to be the dog they took home (I like to take some credit for that since I was the one who found the dog online and arranged for the meeting). So far, the dog's been great. She likes to sleep in a crate, and hasn't had any accidents. Other than some chewing and a skin rash there have been no problems. She (her name is April) gets along great with Eve too, though Eve had a hard time keeping up with her (but that didn't stop Eve from making sure that April knew who was boss).
-We went and checked out some houses in Purcellville. A new-ish neighborhood that's still under construction. I did my research on the houses and thought they sounded perfect for us. And when we saw them I was even more convinced! Until we drove around the neighborhood and saw a waste water plant across the street from them. That's a deal breaker. If you ever drive through Leesburg near the outlet mall at night, you may smell this very strong sewage smell. That's from Leesburg's waste water treatment. Fortunately we are far from this stink, but there are townhouses near the outlet mall that I'm POSITIVE must be able (and forced) to smell it nearly every night. No way am I going to move into a neighborhood like that. I was so heart broken though. And so our never ending quest for a house continues...

I guess that's about all for now.

Comments