Random 8

I've been tagged (thanks Tom)... here's the game:

a) I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
b) Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
c) People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
d) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
e) Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they are tagged and to visit your blog.

My 8 Random Facts:

1. I dont know how to parallel park. And I really dont care to learn either. In all honesty, I think the world is better off without me trying to do it. I count this as one of the reasons I could never live in a city.

2. I dont like being in cars with black leather interiors. To me it's the same as having a bedroom with the walls, ceiling, floor, and furniture painted all black... depressing and confining... not to mention how hot the car would be in the summer.

3. I'm really excited that they decided to bring Vanilla Coke back. I found out about it while watching previews for Shrek 3... I cheered! I also bought a pack for myself at Giant the last time I went grocery shopping... they are just as good as I remember.

4. Last Thursday I went to see Wilco in concert at the Merriweather Post Pavilion. I considered it to be one of the best concerts I've been to (for several reasons). I wrote so much about the concert here that I decided to move it to it's own post, so you can read about it there if you are interested.

5. Right now Matt and I are in FL. Tampa to be exact. He's here for a conference, I'm here for vacation. In a few days we're both going to Orlando (so we can both have a vacation). Despite being on vacation I still have a paper to turn in by Friday, and another one to start that's due next week. Right now I'm taking a break from sitting out by the pool. It's great to be on vacation.

6. Books I've read in the past week or so: Gossip Girls, ttyl, Plain Janes, As Simple As Snow. All good so far. Especially As Simple As Snow. I highly recommend it (it's a quick read too). Plain Janes is good too, it's a graphic novel, and doesnt take long at all to read. ttyl is all written in IM chat language... which can either be unique or annoying depending on how you feel about sentences like "omg, I cant wait to c u l8r" Personally that stuff drives me up the WALL (granted my grammar and spelling isnt great), but it's for my YA Lit class and my youngest sister is already pestering me to loan her the book, so I guess it works for that audience. Gossip Girls is pretty much what you'd expect based on the title... rich spoiled high schoolers drinking and partying all day. So now the next books on my list are: Coraline (which my youngest sister is reading at the same time as me... i heard it's a fairly disturbing book, but how bad can it be?? it was in the children's section--not the teen section--of the library), The Clique, Toning the Sweep, Kit's Wilderness, The Princess Diaries, and about 7 others. and I have 2 1/2 weeks of class left to do it. No problem... right?

7. I'm debating on which class to take in the fall: Children's Services (to make myself appealing to public libraries, and because I like the YA class and they seem to go together), or Access to Arts Info, which is about visual and performing arts. My only reason for hesitation about the Arts class, is that, in all honesty, after looking at the syllabus, I think I know most of the resources already. Not that I dont have room to learn more, but just that, I think I'd learn more in the Children's class. But we'll see. I guess it all depends on how I feel by the end of the summer. Also, I dont know who's teaching the arts class, since the usual person just quit, so that adds to the hesitation.

8. I'm officially unemployed. My last day of work was Friday. I have to admit I'll miss the response I got from people when I told them where I worked (and they thought I was all cultured and stuff), but I made the right decision. So how am I going to fill my time now? Well I plan on volunteering at a local library (stupid Rust in Leesburg is closed... grr...), hopefully getting some great experience and making some good connections. Also, I'll have time to do things like: laundry, make dinner, walk the dog, actually play the bass (instead of just looking at it), do my homework on time (I've been having issues with this lately), job hunt, and all kinds of things I haven't been able to do in a while. I'm excited. I just hope I'm not unemployed for TOO long...

So there are 8 things. Maybe not too random, but most of my posts included random things about me so it's hard to come up with 8 more. As far as tagging 8 other people, sadly, I dont know 8 other people who have blogs... but I will tag one person... Melissa, if she's up to it :) and anyone else who likes doing these things as much as I do.

Comments