Drink Recipe


Having a little time on my hands today, I decided to make some iced tea and fresh lemonade. Knowing that not everyone likes lemon in their iced tea (crazy), I like to make them separate. So I made the usual black tea, nice a strong (if people think it's too strong they are free to add some water to it). And then I started squeezing lemons when I realized that I had a bunch of oranges in the fridge too. So I squeezed some of those and added them to the lemon juice. Then I remember that I had some canned pineapples in the cupboard, so I added a little of that juice to the mixture. And when all was said and done I had a nice refreshing citrusy concoction. It tastes really good. Kinda reminds me of a juice I used to drink when I was a kid. I'm not sure how it mixes with the iced tea, but it does taste really good in a tall glass with a lot of ice cubes.

Recipe (for those interested... note- I squeeze the fruits by hand, so it tends to get messy and may not make as much juice as a professional juice squeezing machine or gadget):

Juice of 4 lemons
Juice of 6 oranges
(total should be close to 2 cups of juice)
1/2 cup of pineapple juice
1 cup simple syrup (1 cup sugar with 1/2 water, simmered until sugar dissolves)
2 cups of cold water (or to taste)

Comments