Make Your Own Life

One of the things I really enjoy about my job is seeing all the creative things coming out of the art world.

The other day I came across an art show announcement that simply had the phrase "Make Your Own Life" on one side, with details about the where and when on the other. Which is kinda unusual since usually art announcements typical have an image of one of the artworks on one side with the info on the other. If I lived closer to the area of the exhibition I probably would have gone to see it. But anyway... I liked the phrase so I jotted it down... in a very succinct way it sums up my life right now... not just the fact that you "have" your own life, in which you passively allow things to happen to you... but that I actively decide what my life is going to be like and do what I need to do in order to ensure that it happens. Okay, I realize that is not all that profound... but I think the fact that someone's 4 words resonated strongly with me is.

Comments