Countdown

Days until New Job: 2
Days until Finals: 3
Days until Opera: 8
Days until Christmas: 16
Days until trip to New York City: 17

Am I ready for any of this? Not really.

awesome.

I have, however, managed to finally finish my portion of a take home final. For one of my classes we have to work on a take home final in groups, so the group I'm in divied up the questions amongst ourselves (there are 9 people, and 4 questions). Then I met with my partner yesterday to work on overall concepts and principles for our question, and we divied up the work we had to do, then today I typed it all up. Number of hours spent answering one-half of a question... hmm let's see... background research: 2-3 hours, discussions with partner: about 1 1/2 hours on Tuesday and 5 hours (nonstop) yesterday, writing/typing/editing/proofing/formatting: 4 1/2 hours today. Total length of one-half of 1 question out of 4 total questions... 10 pages.

I am SO glad we didn't have to do the whole thing by ourselves.

(Interesting comment overheard at the Frederick Public Library yesterday: "My dad almost swallowed an entire six-pack... cans and all.")

Comments