Atlanta

I spent the past few days down in the Atlanta Georgia area for a church conference. The conference was okay, not great, but still had some good parts. But I'm not going to write too much about the content because there are plenty of other websites and blogs that will do that much better than I would, so I'll let them handle it (catalyst conference). I will make a few comments about the trip itself and one thing about the conference in particular.

1- The area we were in looked pretty much exactly like the northern virginia area. A little hillier perhaps, but other than that, I kept forgetting that I was in a different state. There was a lot of new building going on, the trees looked the same, the roads and everything else looked the same. There were only 2 occasions in which I really felt like I was down south. 1- I saw a sign the said "Old Wood Georgia (or something-something Georgia)" which made me think "huh what an odd sign for a shopping center" until I remembered that I was actually in Georgia. And 2- We had good southern hospitality at a resuraunt... the waitress was very nice, and personable... which I dont see too often up here. Overall, I was surprised by how similar the areas were, and also surprised by the fact that I was able to get unsweetened ice tea in the south.

2- I dont like flying on small planes... especially when I have to sit directly between the two engines, as if small planes werent noisy enough to begin with.

3- I like hotels that have free wifi... I'm totally in favor of that becomming a bigger trend. :)

and lastly 4- Dave the Horn Guy (what this clip before reading the whole post). Now before I get too much into this, let me say this. I think it's great that this guy has the ability to do this. However, I also feel that part of what I found really intriguing about his performance was how original it was... and how on earth anyone could have ever thought up something like that. And then I found out.... while search for Dave the Horn Guy on youtube, I found a french horn guy... which I originally read as french-horn guy, instead of french horn-guy. But after reading some of dave's comments it seemed that this french guy was worth checking out... so I did... French Horn Guy. Interesting isnt it?

Comments