Birthday

So the other day was my birthday. I'm now officially a quarter of a century old.

For the most part my day was a typical Thursday. I cleaned all morning, taught in the afternoon, then had rehearsal in the evening. My mom had a dinner for me on Sunday (since she knew I'd be busy), so we pretty much celebrated my birthday then. My parents got me a crock pot, which is something I've wanted so that Matt and I can actually have real dinners again. This way I can just throw a bunch of ingredients together in the morning and by evening we'll have something to eat. Which is good for us since I am either working or at school nearly every night of the week (it makes for a lot of "cereal" dinners). I havent used the crock pot yet, but I think I might test it out tomorrow. Hopefully it's as easy to use as everyone's been telling me.
Since most of the festivities occured Sunday, my actual birthday was pretty low key. Matt and I went to Macaroni Grill for dinner because I love their tiramisu (it's a HUGE piece, even for two people), and for some reason it just wouldnt feel like my birthday if I didnt get to eat a lot of tiramisu. Then we had rehearsal right after that, which was a little longer than usual, but very productive and the music at church should sound great this week. So after reharsal I walked out to my car, and there were a dozen roses on the dashboard... how did matt do that? I guess keeping the doors unlocked pays off everyonce and while. Anyway, that was very sweet and unexpected. And what girl doesnt love to get flowers?

So that was my birthday in a nutshell. Oh one other funny thing was that one of my piano students got me a gift. She got me a romance novel... which I thought was kinda funny/odd at first (since she's only 11... I dont think she really knew what kind of book it was), but then she told me that she picked it out because she knew I was in library school so I must like to read, and the main character of the book was a music teacher. So after hearing her explanation I thought it was a very thoughtful gift.

Comments