Prada and Pirates

At the moment I am sitting on a bench right outside my IT class. Tonight I am taking my final for the class. I can't believe how quickly it went by! One down, 9 or 10 to go. I usually get here about an hour and a half early and catch up on emails or other computer related things (since I can't very well bring housework with me), and usually things are pretty quiet. But today there is an Insect Science Camp going on about 2 doors down from my classroom, so there are tons of kids screaming and running down the hall (I'm not sure what screaming and running has to do with bugs, but I know it has a lot to do with kids.) And since I had a crazy amount of caffiene yesterday I managed to some how take care of all my usually Monday emails yesterday afternoon. So I guess that makes this a good time to blog.
**********
I still have yet to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Matt and I actually drove down to Sterling on Saturday morning to try and see it, but as soon as we saw the crowds we lost interest. Then we thought about going to the local Leesburg theater last night, but never quite made it. Someone who saw it told me it was a great movie and Johnnie Depp is really really hot (I guess I this point I should reveal that my source was my teenage sister, Sarah). But that mostly all it does is set up a need for a 3rd movie. I still want to see it though. The first one was more entertaining than I ever thought possible (considering the fact that it is based on a Disney ride... I'd like to know who came up with that idea). Unfortunately, it's very rare to have a decent sequel. But we'll see.

I read The Devil Wears Prada this weekend. I heard from a couple people that is was a good, fun book. I think it was okay. I mean, it was definitely an easy read. But at times it was tough because basically the whole book is about all these crazy errands/tasks that this girl has to accomplish for her boss. All I kept thinking, the whole time, was that no one like her would put up with a job like that for as long as she does. But still, I read it. I have a hard time imagining what the movie will be (I'm assuming that constant coffee runs can get old rather quickly), but I'll probably see that too... eventually... when we can get it through NetFlix.

Comments