More Counting Down

I only have a little more than one day of freedom left. Then I enter the world of constant studying, paper writing, and long commutes. When I think about the big picture, I'm excited! Actually thinking about the first day of class... and I'm sooooo nervous. I've tried finding out some information ahead of time so I at least know what to expect, exactly how much work I'm going to be doing. Most teachers post their syllabus online or through webct or blackboard or something like that. I've searched all those things and come up with nothing, which I think is especially weird because the class is Information Technology... seems to me like the teacher isnt really utilizing it all that much. Not only that, but according to the bookstore, the teacher hasnt requested any books for the class. So I really have no idea what to expect. I hate feeling so unprepared.

So how am I spending my last few days of freedom?

Thursday I took my dog to the vet for a yearly check-up. She's all healthy. I had to pay a lot of money to find that out, but I guess it's worth the peace of mind. I talked with the vet for a little while. I mentioned to her that I was going back to school for library science and she actually told me she thought about doing the same thing She said she loves being a vet, but it's really hard for her to be around animals that are so sick all the time. She was really happy that for once she was able to work with a healthy animal (so I guess there are 2 good things that came out of that expensive appointment) even though eve was TOTALLY freaked out to be there. She also said it was tough to commit to one career for so long when you are so young (she seemed to be only a couple years older than me), I could relate. I think the only thing that gets eve into the door of the vet's office is the fact that occasionally some people have cats in the waiting room. Then we get to play the fun game of "can I eat the cat?" Fortunately they are smart enough to keep the cats and dogs in opposite sides of the office. After the vet I went out to Fairfax to have lunch with my friend harmony. She just adopted a 2 month old chihuahua so I went out there to socialize and play with her new pup. I think eve could eat her in 1 bite. It is the smallest dog i've ever seen. Very cute, but VERY needy.

Yesterday I cleaned out my car. Doesnt seem like much of a task, but considering my shedding dog and tendency to get slightly compulsive when I clean, it took a couple hours. But now it's as clean as new (or at least as clean as "used" when we bought it). Then I cleaned up a little around the house, did some vacuuming, and finally went grocery shopping. Ever since I cleaned out my fridge last month I really havent felt like getting it dirty with food again, so the only thing that's been in the fridge for teh last few weeks has been some yoghurt, tortillas, and a thing of cream cheese (this again relates back to my cleaning compulsion). But now we have some real food again. Then for dinner I made my favorite tortillini with meat sauce, and I even made my favorite angel food cake with strawberries for dessert. Yum.

Today matt and I had a lazy day. I actually slept in until 10, which I haven't done since I dont even know when. Then matt and I spent the remainder of the morning catching up on some of our dvr episodes, including a random Dr Who episode (when we thought the season ended a couple weeks ago). We ran some errands. Matt spent a good part of the day rearranging our computer set up. Our dinner tonight wasnt as glamorous as last night... bagels and cream cheese with kahlua mudslides. Matt put in the johnny knoxville movie where he pretends to be mentally challenged and enters the special olympics. When he put it in I told him that I expected to hate the movie. But we're getting close to the end and in all honesty it's no where near as awful as I expected.

There's my glamorous life. I think tomorrow I'd like to do something a little more out of the ordinary. I think I might drag matt out for a wine tasting. Though there are still lots of things to do around the house, so we'll see.

Comments