Valentines

Happy One Day Past Valentine's Day to everyone.

Actually matt and I dont really do anything to celebrate valentines day. He doesnt like the obligation associated with the day, and I really dont care too much about it either. But since it happened to fall on a Tuesday, and we go out to dinner every Tuesday, we went out. Every Tuesdsay we go to this little Chinese place in Leesburg when I finish teaching. Partly because I work the latest on Tuesday, and when I'm done the last thing I want to do is make dinner, partly because Tuesday also happens to include my most stress-producing students so it lets me unwind, and partly because it lets matt and I spend some nice time alone together. And usually by the time we get to the restaurant, it's empty. All the staff pretty much know us by now and do a good job of make us feel very welcome every week. So yesterday we just kept up our weekly "date night" tradition. With one exception.

Matt recently started working with a girl who is moving to california on tomorrow. I first met her (and her boyfriend) on our trip to San Fransisco (at the company party) and the 4 of us hit it off pretty well. Since then, we've gone out with them one other time, and I think we all had a lot of fun. It's so unfortunate that we didnt meet sooner, I think we all could have become pretty good friends. But anyway, we invited her out with us last night... her boyfriend is currently driving the car across country, and we figured it would probably suck to be alone on valentines day, especially in an empty house, 2 days before you move to the other side of the country. So she came along, and we all had a great time.

So that was my day. Two interesting evenings in a row, wahoo.

Comments