TV

List of favorite shows (even though some of them are old, and only on in syndication).

1- Friends. Probably my all time favorite show. Matt and I have all the DVDs, so I know I've seen every episode at least once. We have incorporated a lot of "Friends" into our normal lives. For instance... my sister's birthday happened to fall on the day of the series finale, so we had a whole Friends themed birthday party for her. Complete with Pheobe style cups and ice, a Lusts of the Flesh sign, and other nerdy fan-type things. Also when I got married, it was excepted that I woke up and said "I'm getting married today" and then trip and practically break a rib a-la Monica. And Matt's birthday this year wasnt complete without watching the episode which showed all of the Friend's birthdays. Anyway, it's a good fun show... and somewhat addicting.

2- 24. yay yay yay! I love this show. As much as I hate the fact that it's only on once a week and has all these commercials throughout the show (I know, just like any other show... but I have such little patience for these things), I think they are absolutely necessary for this show, otherwise the all the nonstop intense action and suspense would probably give me an ulcer or something. This season has been pretty good so far, though I definitely miss my favorite characters (Michelle and Palmer). My predictions for future episodes this season: all the other 19 canisters are set off causing a national catastrophe, Kim comes back and does something stupid that causes unnecessary drama that no one is really interested in (like she breaks a nail, and then as she bravely attempts have the manicurist repair it, it turns out the manicurist is a serial killer who just recently escaped from jail and is looking for his next target), Jack and Audrey get back together, Tony comes out of critical condition and saves the day without showing any signs of nearly dying earlier, we find out that Hector is the mastermind behind everything bad going on, Chloe continues to scrunch up her face and huff off everytime someone else talks to her, and then in the very last 5 minutes, Jack dies... again.

3- Project Runway. I've been rooting for Chloe all the way. She's by far my favorite. But I have a feeling that Daniel V. will win. As far as Santino goes.... I want to make a dish called Santino Rice... it will consist of basic white rice, with little bits of anything I can find in my house thrown in so that it's not boring, plain, or unoriginal. Also, I've decided that one day, when I am pregnant, I'm going to call Heidi Klum and ask her if I can borrow her maternity clothes (as I have a feeling she will no longer need them) because they are the cutest clothes ever.

4- My Wife and Kids. We've been watching this in syndication non stop over the past couple months. It's so good. Though I have to admit, the original Claire was a little annoying. But I enjoy the humor in this show.

5- How I Met Your Mother. So funny... The Lemon Law... I love it, and I've had a few situations arise where I wish I could have used it (I think it definitely can apply to more than just dating).

6- The Office. While I prefer the British version in nearly every single way...I think I kind of like the American Dwight, over the British Garreth. I was pretty skeptical about watching the american version because I just couldnt imagine that they could do it justice... but they really have. It's so painful, it's hysterical.

7- Earl. I think the cast is crucial in pulling this one off. And they do a great job.

8- Okay, I'm semi-embarressed to admit this... but General Hospital. It's the only soap I ever watch. but I've been watching it for soooo long. Almost longer than I can remember. I think it's almost a family tradition (going back as far as my great-grandmother if I'm not mistaken). But soaps are definitely "special." Seriously, the plots are so far fetched I just cant even imagine how someone thinks them up... but they do a good job of keeping you watching until certain conflicts are solved. for instance, my primary hook at the moment is that I really want Nikolas and Emily to get back together, and also for Lucky to get rescued from the evil pharmecutical company. but by the time any of that happens (or officially doesnt), there will be some other story line I'm interested in. It never ends. Oh and no one ever really dies either... everyone you think died, will one day return... it's guarenteed. Anyway, enough about that.

So those are some of my favorites. Time for me to get back to work.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You might want to add Battlestar Galactica after this weekend. Twilight Zone in HD?
Anonymous said…
My friend has a theory that President Palmer will somehow still be alive on 24. He thinks there was something unusual about the look Jack gave Palmer's covered-body when Jack snuck into that apartment. I think that's just wishful thinking though...