2005 Year in Review Survey

This is a Christmas present a friend of mine sent me because he knows how much I love filling out forms (thanks Mike!). And I have to say that this is one of the better survey things i've filled out. Anyone else interested in filling it out is welcome to, I love reading them just as much as I love filling them in.

2005 Year in Review Survey

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
I saw the Rolling Stones in concert, and I played bass (in front of people)

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I dont think I made any new years resolutions, and the only one I really have for this year is to try to be more productive.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
no.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
no.
5. What countries did you visit?
Does the USA count?

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
An acceptance letter from UMD, and a new hobby

7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
hmm... just one specific day... i'm really not too sure, i'll have to come back to this one.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
two things: 1- Matt and I fixed up our backyard... i realize this is nothing special for most, but it was the first time I did something like that. 2- Also, filling up my piano studio was a pretty good accomplishment.

9. What was your biggest failure?
hmm... not managing my time efficiently

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
yes, apparently working with little kids makes you sick all the time (I use to never be sick). and I found out that my shoulder is all messed up... but I actually got that injury in 2004 so I'm not sure it counts.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
my new coat!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
my sister Elizabeth for graduating from the Culinary Institue of America, and my brother for graduating from Mason.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
i cant think of anyone

14. Where did most of your money go?
into the house and into the IRS

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
going cross country skiing in colorado!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Girl by Beck, I listened to it all summer

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or Sadder?: happier
ii. Thinner or Fatter than last year?: thinner
iii. Richer or Poorer?: richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
new things, i had to think for a while to answer the first question... probably too long

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
laundry, but thats unaviodable

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
i spent it with my husband, inlaws and family
22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
i stayed in love

23. How many one-night stands?
0
24. What was your favorite TV program?
hmm... i'd have to say 24 or the Office.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
nope

26. What was the best book you read?
the hitchhiker trilogy

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
that i'm an awesome piano teacher :) and Black Eyed Peas (dont laugh), Beck's new album, Fiona Apple's new album
28. What did you want and get?
a new (not broken) piano
29. What did you want and not get?
a new dining room table
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, even though Entertainment Weekly said it was the worst film of the year. I believe they also gave my favorite movie, A Life Less Ordinary an F when it came out, so in my opinion, they just dont know good movies.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
i turned 24, went to atlantic city and ate as much tiramisu as I could handle.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
All in all it was a pretty satisfying year, but i guess i wish that i could have started my future plans a little sooner, I'm not very patient about them.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
simple, normally jeans and some kind of t-shirt or sweater
34. What kept you sane?
having the dog home with me during the day so i talk to her instead of myself all the time, and listening to jars of clay

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
what does this mean by "fancy"? does this mean someone I had a crush on? because my answer is probably Scarlet Johansson... but i certainly dont have a crush on her. I've jsut liked her as an actress ever since I saw her in Ghost World (which has nothing to do with 2005, but it's how I choose to answer the question anyway), which is probably because i feel like I was her character (when I was in high school) and I just relate to that whenever i see her for some reason.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
i guess the war in iraq

37. Who did you miss?
all my friends who are no longer in this area

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Hannah

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005?
Things take time so I need to be patient.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
525,600 minutes
525,000 moments so dear
(hahaha... i doubt anyone who reads my blog with even get that...oh well, I'm still laughing
)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I got it! (#4o, that is!). Great survey.