Dessert Time

I'm in the middle of inventing my own dessert. I got in a cooking kick this evening so I went to Giant and bought some random ingredients. Then I came home, put on some music (an awesome mix tape someone made me years ago called "Jessica Sucks Punk Rocks") and literally started throwing the ingredients together... in my food processor. Eventually I ended up with a gooey mix and had no clue what to do with it. Fortunately the gooey mix tasted good; I should know, I think I've already eaten half of it. But I had to keep tasting it so I could think of something to do with it. I mean while I'm happy eating it off a spoon, I'm not sure it would go over well with other people. So after I had a sufficient sense of the taste and consistency of the gooey mix I came up with a plan on how to use it. Unfortunately I don't have the proper ingredients for the next step though, so at this moment the random gooey mix is "chilling overnight" (I figure that sounds more professional than... "being put aside because I dont know what I'm doing"). First thing in the morning though I'll be heading back to Giant for Step Two of Jessica Sucks Dessert Rocks (which is what I've decided to call it). If it turns out to be as awesome as my tastebuds are predicting, I'll post the recipe, if not, I'll post something about how much it made me throw up.

As a side not, I'm not sure if what I'm doing is really all that creative... I'll probably find an old recipe of the exact same thing in a couple weeks and it will burst my bubble; but in the meantime I'm feeling very Iron Chef like. Yay me.

Comments