Seal!

Last night my husband and I saw Seal in concert at Wolf Trap. Various thoughts and observations from the show:
  • Seal has the best voice ever. I honestly think I could just listen to him sing the Alphabet Song for hours.
  • Wolf Trap was packed. I mean, hardly any sitting room. All the covered seats sold out, so we had lawn seats, and let me tell you, the lawn was PACKED. Every inch of that place was covered with blankets and lawn chairs. I have only been to Wolf Trap for one other concert, and it was an opera (La Boheme... my favorite). I thought that was crowded, but this definitely trumped that.
  • The odd thing about the crowd was the age. I mean, I know they play Seal songs on the adult contemporary radio stations, but I didn't expect the crowd to be quite as old as it was. I at least expected to see a good mix of different age groups. But I'd say that my husband and I were in the youngest 15-percentile there. About 60% of the crowd was probably in their 40s or older. There were some younger kids there... with their parents of course. But (as my husband pointed out), I'm not so sure if that speaks something about Seal's fans, or the venue of Wolf Trap itself. I mean, it does seem to be a little on the yuppy side (I think we were the only people there who didn't bring an extravegant picnic dinner complete with several bottles of wine. I swear if I didnt know there was a concert going on, I'd think I was in a field of Sideway's Picnic re-enactments)
  • My least favorite part of attending large concerts like that is leaving. Getting out of the parking lot always proves to be stressful. And it wouldnt be as bad, if everyone would agree on some sort of exiting system. For the most part, a line to get of the parking lot forms, and people develop a system of merging every other car in. But there's always a handful of a-holes who decide that they are too good to follow an organized, safe system of exiting and drive around the nicely formed line and then try to wedge their way in at the front (and in the process come dangerously close to hitting about 7 cars). Drives me nuts.
  • The best song from last night, in my opinion, was Love's Divine lyrics . He did an accoustic-ish version that was really, really great. Even if that was the only song he played that night, it would have been worth it. You can listen to a version of it on his website... here.

In closing, I love Seal's voice... incredible.



Post Ems(hide)

Seal
Love's Divine

Then the rainstorm came, over me
And I felt my spirit break
I had lost all of my, belief you see
And realized my mistake
But time through a prayer, to me
And all around me became still

I need love, loves divine
Please forgive me now I see that I've been blind
Give me love, loves is what I need to help me know my name

Through the rainstorm came sanctuary
And I felt my spirit fly
I had found all of my reality
I realize what it takes

'Cause I need love, love's divine
Please forgive me now I see that I've been blind
Give me love, loves is what I need to help me know my name

Oh I, don't bet (don't bend), don't bet (don't break)
Show me how to live a promise me you won't forsake
'Cause love can help me know my name

Well I try to say there's nothing wrong
But inside I felt me lying all along
But the message here was plain to see
Believe:

'Cause I need love, love's divine
Please forgive me now I see that I've been blind
Give me love, loves is what I need to help me know my name

Oh I, don't bet (don't bend), don't bet (don't break)
Show me how to live a promise me you won't forsake
'Cause love can help me know my name

Love can help me know my name


Comments