Mowing and OJ

Well it's finally here... the first day of Lawn Mowing for the year.

I was actually going to mow yesterday, but I went out to run some errands first. When I came home my dog had destroyed the kitchen trash. There was spagetti sauce, dried rice, and papers everywhere. I ended up spending a good amount of time scrubbing the floors after that incident... and just never got around to mowing afterwards. Which means I have to do it today. No more putting it off. My plan is to crank up the BebePod and hopefully that will make it all a little less painful.

I went grocery shopping the other day, and as usual I bought a carton of orange juice. Unfortunately I usually get Tropicana's Calcium Plus Vitamin D (no pulp), and they seemed to be all out the day I was there. I usually go on Monday mornings when they are restocking... i find that the grocery store isnt as crowded then; but the downside is that not all the new food is put away yet, as was the case with my orange juice. So instead, I thought I'd change it up a little and I got the Minute Maid brand (calcium and vitamin D, no pulp as well). I usually drink a little OJ in the morning while I'm eating my breakfast. And I drink it straight out of the carton. Not so much to be rebellious, just because this way I dont dirty as many dishes. And since my husband and I are past the "ew you've got cooties" phase I dont think he minds sharing my germs. But dont worry, I dont offer OJ to my guests (and if you ever come over I'd advise you not to ask for any). So now here I am, eating my blueberry Lego waffles, and drinking Minute Maid orange juice... which, I'm discovering, is no where near as good as Tropicana. In fact, I really dont care for it at all.

I notice on the carton there is a guarentee:
"Our quality promise assures your satisfaction. We guarentee it."
Whenever I see those things, I always wonder how many people take advantage of it. I mean, really, how many people would call up the Minute Maid company and say "I dont like your orange juice." And what does the company do in return? "Okay, we'll refund your money." or "We'll change the way we make it so it tastes better." or "Thank you for your input, have a nice day." And then I wonder, if the company give you a refund, how many people really start to take advantage? I mean in that instance anyone could just call and say "hey I dont like your juice, give me my money back." Shouldnt they have some sort of verification that you did indeed purchase the juice, try it, and not like it enough that you cant drink it? So would I have to return my partially used OJ carton to the Minute Maid company in order to recieve a refund? Seems like an awful lot of work just to get a few bucks back. Although then you could read the guarentee as if they are saying "You will like our product, because we said so." In which case all of the above musings would be void. Because even though I thought I didnt like it, the OJ is telling me that I do. Yum

Comments