Vacuuming

My husband and I watched The Amazing Race last night. We havent watched any of the other seasons, but decided to watch this time because of Boston Rob and Amber. I have to say, we've been cheering for them to win, mostly I think because of Boston Rob (we like all things Boston around here). I was concerned that they would get kicked off because they dropped to last place for a moment yesterday. And if they are eliminated, I dont think I'd be as eager to watch.

I was glad to see the Mean Guy and the girl he's been "Dating On and Off" (seriously, they couldnt come up with a better description for these two??) finish last. Not because I wanted them to lose, but I dont think I could take another week of his verbal abuse towards her. Seriously, encouragement is a much better motivator than negativity. I hope she's able to stand up for herself and find a guy who will treat her better.

So today's plans call for a lot of cleaning. A LOT. i've kinda slacked on this the past couple days, which means I have to make up for it now. I think our bedroom is being overrun by clothes right now. The sad thing is that some of them were clean, but they've been mixed in with the dirty clothes, so now I can't tell which is which. And I hate doing laundry. I guess I make it sound like I just hate cleaning in general, which isnt true. I dont mind vacuuming anymore (ever since we've had a dog that endlessly sheds I've learned to love the vacuum). I just wish cleaning didnt have to occupy so much of my time. The problem is that once I start cleaning, I cant stop until things are spotless. So it may start out that I'm just trying to straighten up in the kitchen, and instead I end up spending 3 hours scrubbing the counters, sorting through and reorganizing every drawer, and mopping the floors. I mean when I was living in the college dorm, I could be obsessively neat because I only had one little room to worry about (actually only half a room). And that didnt really take much time or effort. But now with a whole house it's completely different. I cant even clean the entire house in one day. So I have to do one floor at a time.

Today's floor: the Upstairs--which contains all the bedrooms (and the monstrous amount of clothing), both full bathrooms, and a linen closet I'm afraid to open. Ugh, better get to it.

Comments